2.3
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

I have posted here previously but the post is now missing!!!(somebody is being dishonest here).

This is a new post but also a follow up to inform consumers. I am an electrical estimator-designer-project manager and have used Mccormick and EBM in the past. I decided to try BLuebeam Revu about 4 years ago and was at first impressed. After using this software four 4 years now and building a database of custom tools (literally 1000+) with tool descriptions and icons, I have come to realize that many many of the functions they claim to have DO NOT WORK.

I have to shut this thing down about 4 times a day, experience continuous "hangups", and am unable to use the necessary functions that i need due to retards writing ridiculously unstable software. Yes, I have complained over and over as well as sending them drawing files for them to review and experiment on and also had then remotely connect and go through the motions with me. EVERY time without fail the response is "huh, that is interesting- we will forward that to our designers".....In other words, they just kinda *** on your head and leave you with the problem that they advertise as a function that does not work. From the simplest thing like the pop up description of a tool only works about 20& of the time - if you even have more than 10 tools to work with, you will have no idea what it is you are clicking on if the description does not show (I do have icons too--another waste of time, much too small to see when in production mode)....try to slide a column over to see more and it snaps right back....you cannot win there are no work arounds for many of the problems these people want to sell you.

It is comparable to a car with a square tire, it just doesn't work well for things they say it does. On some pages, try to highlight a text to perfrom the simplest "copy" function and the page will "jump" to some other area or even another page and for those of you that do takeoff on construction drawings you understand that loosing your "place" on a plan can be difficult to recover from, costing valuable production time and even more frustration. Give me 5 minutes, and I will be reminded of twenty other failures of this software but for now this will help inform others of a few of the problems. I am now complaining to the public because Bluebeam listen or it seem even care what the users need.

I also understand that hiring the mentally handicapped can save money, but they sure cant write software that works properly! The big problem is that the software is not written well and they seriously do not understand the needs of more intensive detail like electrical takeoff-which wouldnt be so bad if they would listen and provide but they do not. They are there to hear you out, but its like the "security monitor" commercial - they just note your issue, acknowledge the problem, and throw the note in the garbage, leaving you with a dysfunctional product that does not perform as advertised. Due to repetitive and continuous apathy, i have quit sending them files or complaints because it is a waste of time.

I really wish they could clean their ears out and at least to attempt to remedy at least a few of the bigger issues, but i sincerely believe it is well beyond their capabilities making this a good market for another software developer to take over and get something that works.FYI the last file i sent them was about 3 weeks ago, and again I have received no correspondence whatsoever....is this the company you want to deal with?

Review about: Bluebeam Revu Management Software.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Not much, It sounds good but just doesnt work.

I didn't like: Waste of time and money.

Had an Experience with Bluebeam?

Comments